Weight-Loss Sugar detox

vulturepura

It's occurred to me that I'm seriously addicted to sugar. After doing some research I've decided I need to detox and get this sugar out of my system. I think I ought to have 25 grams of sugar a day but I'm consuming up to 200+. So my goal for the next 30 days is to only consume the 25 grams allowed and that's it.

Anyone with me?

Last edited:

solidTary

Right now, I am currently trying to focus on eating healthy as much as I can (the odd slip is getting through) and I don't really want to be second guessing whether I can have the fruit I want... I really like my banana and blueberries... I'm happy if I can keep away from things like chocolate...

vulturepura

Well, I've put more thought into this. I guess what I really want to get rid of is the extra added sugars like pop, candy, cakes, ect.

copcillio

I started the same in May and it´s going better than I´d expected. Happy to have fellow sufferers though!

genitymd

For me it´s a gateway drug to binging. Don´t want to do that anymore, so out with the refined sugar. After October I think I´ll have a rule that it´s ok to have sweets socially but not at home. A bit like no drinking alone.

genitymd

I don't check for sugar in non-sweet food (like take-aways, or the ready meal I had today) and I can eat as much fruit as I want but I no longer want to buy chocolate, icecream, cake, or sweet pastries for myself indefinitely...

LaMariA

I'll join in if it is simply to own up to sugar containing naughties - eg choc, cake, pastries, sugar containing sweets etc.

Example yesterday and the day before was less than ideal as both days I indulged in a 96 calorie chocolate mini bar. Hoping to resist today...

genitymd

You´re welcome to make it whatever works for you :) I wasn´t tempted today. Right now I have mandarine oranges, grapefruit, pomegranate, grapes, raisins, and sweet potato bars to choose from without feeling bad about it. As well as diet soda, for now, but that´s going to get reduced starting tomorrow Sunday.

SlimSlice

I can confirm that cutting back sugar was a big key to my success although i was ok with the obvious kind (candy, cake, etc), it was the hidden sugar in processed foods that was a major problem i wasn't even that aware of. one thing i have eliminated is any fruit juice. fruit is one of the only sources of sugar in my diet now but i only eat whole fruit... well, the edible part ...