Protein.... How did I miss this option for so long?!!

gymrat

I am a big believer in keeping protein levels up. I eat between 235 and 285g/ day (depending on phase of diet)

Besides about a lb of meat a day(chicken, lean beef, pork...etc) I make the rest up in whey (and milk).

I have tried TONS of protein and my wife calls my supplement closet GNC.

OK back to my point. I thought I had tried just about everything. My favorites were generally based on flavor but lately I have grown tired of almost everything. Many taste good.....but just a little too strong on the flavoring.

The other day I was searching for a new option and I came across something I had not considered.

Whey Protein Isolate!

The quality of this is second to none. Cold process micro filtered. (meaning it has not had the micronutrients stripped away like in ion exchange.
It is 90+% protein by weight. 25g pro, 1g carb, .3 g fat.

The taste is so neutral, I am thinking of all the things I can mix it in. Thinking of trying a little sugar free lemonade (similar to Xtreeme formulations arctic lemonade). I will be experimenting over the next few weeks.

One thing I have been doing is mixing this 1/2 and 1/2 with my regular whey. That for me just about makes the taste perfect!

For those looking for protein options....this is a great one!

Thought I would share!

solidTary

I used to buy a tonne of powders...but I've totally changed and now I'm trying to get my protein from foods and cut down to 1 shake a day (a double). However I have been looking for a different powder so maybe I will try that one out.

gymrat

Protein (to me is just food)

I still have a 2 bottles of Activate Xtreeme. I was actually considering taking them They are stingging nettle based which has been show to be one of the best things at raising free test. (one of my main issues) and also may explain why I always felt I responded well to it prior to HRT.

Thats it. I no longer buy Xtend, I just mix the bulk BCAA powder with some Kool-aid and splenda so that is a MUCH cheaper option.

LaMariA

I am a big believer in keeping protein levels up. I eat between 235 and 285g/ day (depending on phase of diet)

Besides about a lb of meat a day(chicken, lean beef, pork...etc) I make the rest up in whey (and milk).

I have tried TONS of protein and my wife calls my supplement closet GNC.

OK back to my point. I thought I had tried just about everything. My favorites were generally based on flavor but lately I have grown tired of almost everything. Many taste good.....but just a little too strong on the flavoring.

The other day I was searching for a new option and I came across something I had not considered.

Whey Protein Isolate!

The quality of this is second to none. Cold process micro filtered. (meaning it has not had the micronutrients stripped away like in ion exchange.
It is 90+% protein by weight. 25g pro, 1g carb, .3 g fat.

The taste is so neutral, I am thinking of all the things I can mix it in. Thinking of trying a little sugar free lemonade (similar to Xtreeme formulations arctic lemonade). I will be experimenting over the next few weeks.

One thing I have been doing is mixing this 1/2 and 1/2 with my regular whey. That for me just about makes the taste perfect!

For those looking for protein options....this is a great one!

Thought I would share!
Sir you are really having good habit of protein intake.