Power and hypertrophy on same day?

Sporce

Is doing power and hypertrophy on the same day counter-produtive?
for ex. power bent over rows with everything else hypertrophy

Back and Shoulders
Bent over rows 3x5
Weighted Pullups 2x6-10
Chin Ups 2x6-10 reps
Seated cable row 3x8-12
Dumbbell rows 2x8-12
Shrugs (barbell)/Dumbell 2x8-12
Close grip pulldowns 2x8-12
Standing barbell press 3x6-12
Seated dumbbell presses 3x8-12
Upright rows 2x8-12
Side Superset front lateral raises with dumbbells 2x8-12

blackeron

As long as the weights are increasing over time then you're all set. As for being counter-productive; if you feel a significant drop in performance for 'hypertrophy work', then yes. Try it and see how you feel.

Sporce

Alright thanks. I finished my first cycle of PHAT which is where i got this idea from. I would be doing the same thing with the chest and arms/ lower body days but for the first 3 days of the week, then the last 3 days of the week do the compound movements at hypertrophy range, ex: bent over row 3x5 on monday, then 3x8 on thrusday. Do you think this is fine?

Weavertact

Alright thanks. I finished my first cycle of PHAT which is where i got this idea from. I would be doing the same thing with the chest and arms/ lower body days but for the first 3 days of the week, then the last 3 days of the week do the compound movements at hypertrophy range, ex: bent over row 3x5 on monday, then 3x8 on thrusday. Do you think this is fine?

...Why convolute it to the extreme?

Just run PHAT, a proven program with very similar goals.

blackeron

So you'd be running PHAT with power/hypertrophy days and then hypertrophy days? Looks good to me just make sure you're getting enough rest and food.